Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Today’s topic was: Favourite Book Quotes
So I have a confession to make. I adore quotes. I love them. So this week’s TTT was both amazing and terribly daunting to me, as I had to narrow it down to just TEN quotes…. so I’m cheating and doing two posts. My first TTT post today was about quotes FROM books, and this post is quotes ABOUT books.
- She reads book as one would breathe air, to fill up and live – Anne Dillard
- Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A book is a dream you can hold in your hands – Neil Gaiman
- Some books you read. Some books you enjoy. But some books just swallow you up heart and soul – Joane Harris
- Words are the most powerful things there are. Words change thoughts, and thoughts change actions, and actions change the world – Megan Jacobs, Yellow
- A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies – George R R Martin
- I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a book – J K Rowling
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go – Dr Suess
- Words are life – Mark Zusak, The Book Thief
- But Books are more than words and ink.They can make you laugh and weep…
They can help you go to sleep…
Books can make you really clever…
… and they stay with you forever.
But the very best thing a book can do …
… is to be read and loved by YOU.
– Not Just A Book … by Jeanne Willis (Author) & Tony Ross (Illustrator)
And an honorary mentions to:
- That moment when you read a line that is so beautiful you just close the book and stare at the wall for a moment. – unknown.
- Reading forces you to be quiet in a world that no longer makes place for that. – John Green
- It’s likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read. – Lemony Snicket
- Picking five favourite books is like picking the five body parts you’d most like not to lose. – Neil Gaiman
2 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesdays: Favourite Book Quotes 2 – Quotes About Books”
I love that you broke these two apart into quotes from and about! One of my favourite quotes ABOUT books is:
“There are books so alive that you’re always afraid that while you weren’t reading, the book has gone and changed, has shifted like a river; while you went on living, it went on living too, and like a river moved on and moved away. No one has stepped twice into the same river. But did anyone ever step twice into the same book?’ – Marina Tsvetaeva
I have never heard of this quote before but I absolutely love it and totally agree!